5 PROBLEMS OF A FAT GIRL

This post is an inspiration from Cassie Davies problem of a tall girl and portia’s problem of a short girl. When I read their posts I could relate to little bits here and there from their posts or should I call it problems. I’m neither tall nor short I think I’m in the middle but I’m definitely fat so I have decided to share the problems of a FAT GIRL.
 Lets understand something here, I did not just wake up one morning FAT, I have been fat from birth. For the sake of the fact that its 21st century I’ll Call FAT –PLUS SIZE.

Here are things I have gone through as a PLUS SIZE LADY

1.    PEOPLE CALL YOU NAMES LIKE OROBO, FATTY ,BIG MAMA  . I mentioned this in my 20 factsabout me post, growing up people called me different names even till now. Very honestly being called annoying names can reduce a person’s  self-confidence , I am a victim of this. “orobo” is a name I’m used to already, I don’t get hurt by these things anymore , I have grown up and if you still feel calling me or any plus size person names gives you pleasure, have fun then.
2.    BEAUTIFUL DRESSES RARELY COME IN YOUR SIZE: HA-HAAA!!!!! This is the most annoying for me. Kilode , this is unfair. I still do not understand why stores, online shops rarely have our sizes. Are we not humans? This has led me to my love for shoes and bags , they will never fail in terms of sizes.
3.    PEOPLE ASSUME TO EAT A LOT OR YOU ARE A FOOD MONGER:  My friends think I’m weird ‘cos there are quite a lot of things I do not eat like chocolates, bugger, pizza etc and I do not switch consumable brands. When I tell people this the next question is “HOW ARE YOU NOW FAT?” . Not everyone is fat as a result of food, some are hereditary.
4.    ANNOYING JOKES: I get this from people every time, jokes about being fat, over weight. A friend told me once that “ getting annoyed over a joke will make you sad while the other person enjoys the moment” this actually helps me.
Last Sunday at a meeting someone made a comment that had to do with me and my weight and I laughed along sides everyone at his joke, he felt stupid and asked me why I laughed and I responded “you cracked a joke"
5.    YOU CAN’T WEAR ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING: if people see a plus size lady in a bikini they begin to insult her “WHY?”. Why can slim people wear bikini, leggings, miniskirts and plus size people cannot?  Although I admit that there are something’s that do not fit us but can we be allowed to feel sexy and pretty for at least 5mins without criticism.
source:http://luanabalbine.com.br/tag/moda-plus-size/
  

Images source: google.

Comments

  1. Dang!!Adele's comment is everything!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
    2. I totally agree with you. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Adele definitely said it all. This really sticks.
    Divadiari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful post, I can relate to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS Esther and I'm glad you can relate to it.

      Delete
  4. Adele is an inspiration to us plus size women.
    Being plus size is even more stressful here in Nigeria such that plus size people are even in denial of being plus size or being called plus size.
    Fat is a problem that can only be solved with self confidence, proper nutrition, and keeping fit. Because many of us has been plus size all our life. You wont mourn your size all your life either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer for d comment +alot of plus size women need to work on their self confidence

      Delete
  5. awesome inspiration!
    See you soon!
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adele's comment crowns it all!
    I'm both short n fat, but I've learnt to love myself just the way I am.
    Self-love, when u av that, nothing anyone would ever say would get to u.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is a difference between fat and thick, i really dont have any problem with fat people or anything what i have a problem with is when they try to down talk skinny girls. You dont have to be skinny to love yourself neither do you have to be fat because more fat in the body causing health problems, The key is to be fit and healthy.
    www.thatnigeriangirl.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah this is a beautiful post Damiesdiary, especially for me as a victim of these, self confidence is all we phat girls need and as for Adele, she is Bae.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading😊 , please drop a comment...I'll love to know your thoughts πŸ˜˜πŸ˜πŸ˜€