HOW TO TAKE THE PERFECT SELFIE



 Selfies have taken over Instagram, social media  and photography in general and with the help of a selfie stick it's even gotten better. 
I'm a sucker for selfie ,if you follow me on Instagram you will know this. I take my time to get the perfect selfie and even my baby sister is a pro( she learnt from the best *winks*).
Before You read my tips on how to be a pro and take the perfect selfie, take a few minutes to read the do's and dont's of selfie in preparation for the perfect sefie
DEFINE THE THEME OF THE SELFIE :
Incase you didn't know, there are different types of selfies- no makeup look, full face makeup, outfit selfie etc... 
Before you pick up your phone to take a picture, decide the type of selfie you want  I often times go for full face /beat face makeup selfie,the pictures always come out pretty . 

LOOK GOOD: 
 Even if your selfie theme is 'I woke up like this ' please get rid if your heavy eye bags first and get out of those ugly pyjamas. You do not have to look your best, just look good enough and presentable 'cos people will save your selfie,talk and judge and when they do, you won't be there to defend yourself.

GET A GOOD PHONE/CAMERA
The first trick to a good selfie is a phone with good quality camera. The higher the camera quality the better your selfie. That is self explanatory. 

LOOK FOR A GOOD BACKGROUND
 Although you are the focus of the selfie but ugly/dirty background is as good as bad picture. Never take a selfie in front of a dirty toilet or a heap of dirt or in front of a dead man at his funeral it's just wrong.
I'm not saying go all out to a garden or a hotel but a wall, a door or curtain will be just perfect.

FACE THE LIGHT/SUN
 This is a photography principle- for proper illumination, the light must be focused on the subject/object. If you face the light, all the details of your face/outfit will be accentuated but if you don't you'll be dark in that picture . 

KNOW YOUR BEST ANGLES
 this step comes with experience, I have a round face which I love and  consider a blessing . As much as I love my face shape, I know taking pictures from the  side angle isn't the best for me so I rarely take selfies from that angle.
Accentuate your best side by taking selfies from the right angles. understand your face/body type by taking a lot of selfies, observe and decide what angle works best for you.

TAKE THE SELFIE ALREADY
With all of these things in place, smile, click take the best selfie and break the internet.






Comments

  1. Nice tips
    Thanks for sharing

    Bolateethole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading😊 , please drop a comment...I'll love to know your thoughts πŸ˜˜πŸ˜πŸ˜€